Monday, September 21, 2009

more tenderhearted

I find myself thinking that I'm getting really good at tuning out their noise and obnoxious-ness. Yes, the lil men monsters. And when I find myself feel quite smug about it, God throws me a wake up call. Usually in the form of someone getting hurt and I didn't respond like I shoulda. I thought of it as getting thicker skinned, hard - hearted (when it comes to blood,etc.), and better mommying. But today, I realized something astounding. My oldest child will be 12 in less than 2 weeks. He was having one of those mornings. Instead of getting impatient with him like I ususally do, I was having a very melt-y moment of my heart. He was such a small/young person to be in that place. I did my best with our time, but felt it was inadequate. As I left him at school and drove away, I had an epiphany. He's a real person and I'm helping to mold him! Oh Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment