Saturday, May 9, 2009

Marriage is a no-pride zone.

I am reminded every time we have a minor disagreement or a major arguement that pride must fall flat on it's face before making-up begins. As I write this I am working hard to be objective and not vindictive. Last night we had another of those miscommunications.
Why did this become such a huge deal, when it started so small? You got it; pride. I said this, you said that. How come you did this? Why did you not do that? Etc.
It's not always apparent. And definitely a hard bullet to swallow when recognized, to apply to ourselves. The one who made the mistake is in the position to see the obviousness of it. The one with the pride issues has a bigger SIN to deal with.
I did something right earlier this week. I made the mistake of letting that go to my head or wherever pride resides. I didn't stay humble and consequently became prideful. When the opportunity arose again to practice the same self-control & compassion, and when God allowed it to be a little bit more self-involved, my pride stood up and caused me to step on a landmine.
The miscommunication cost a high price of recent hard-won peace. Today, the "business" is over yet the hard & hurt feelings remain somewhat. However, deeply buried. They can never be erased and will never be undone.
If we work more at preventing the pre-war stuff, the post-war will never happen or at least less frequent and then Satan has less ammo. (Yes, I have lil' boys & live in a military community.) I find that God is a weapon of no equal, if only we include Him! Thank you Lord for always being available. Please help me to remember to petition you!

No comments:

Post a Comment