Monday, May 11, 2009

Packing

I am trying to pack. We are moving in a month and a half. I started a month and a half ago. I started the week of Easter Break and...that's it. Okay I packed maybe 5-6 boxes, but that's it. I used to be a packing/moving pro. Then one day God started molding my life towards something in the future that only he could see. The molding began in the form of a car accident. And since then He has blessed me with 5 more car accidents. In hindsight, I can say that He had it happen to teach me several life lessons. 1. Listen to my body--it speaks to u. (I'm sure everyone else knows that, cause they all gripe about their aches and pains. I didn't, they just annoyed me.) I listen now because I have no choose but to listen, less it degrade to dibilitating circumstances. 2. I have to pay attention to it to learn about eating habits. 3. I have to listen to it to tell me that I'm running over my children-figuratively, of course. Yes, I get going to fast trying to stay up with our world and they get left behind or worse ran over.
So, that leads me to my packing. Like I said, I used to be very efficient at packing and moving. I have 50-some moves under my belt. But since children were born, I've lost it.
I think that God is trying to teach me some more here and I am struggling with accepting this instruction. Once again, it's pride. I don't want to lose the packing machine that I was and admit ...what? That I'm a normal human being? I like efficiency and order. I've always thought God gave me this gift to use in everything that I'm involved in. yes, I do believe that God does want me to do that, but in MODERATION. I can't pack and have fun at the same time. Fun with my children. And eventually, they just become irritating to me. I am learning to stop. In the middle of something, no less, and play with my littlest boy. He'll be gone next year all day and I will be childless. That's a hard concept, when I felt like I was just getting used to it this year.
As the years go by, and Iknow this is a cliche, remember to enjoy each moment. Or at least several moments of each day with ur children, cause they will be gone so fast.
And now I'm gonna cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment